Friday, March 14, 2008

Sxsw...austin style...

This morning I straightened my hair...and then I put wax in it...but it was special "curl wax"...not the kind that fights curls...the kind that induces curls...I'm dumb...

Shows over and we're now we're driving back to california...we have a show on the 17th in Bakersfield, Ca...but today, thus far, has been an eventful day...I taught Todd about "dunks"...if you don't know..."dunks" are big ass bright basketbal sneaker lookin sneakers...its the knew craze I guess bc I was the only on not wearing em...dudes in painted on faded black jeans with huge fuckin bright sneakers...its pretty awesome..I might hafta jump on that banwagon...so, todd learned "dunks"

Jae and I made the most socially awkward handshake...I'll send pics later...step by step...we like to call it the "ice-maker"....an "ice-maker" is the extreme opposite of the "ice breaker" which is a line that breaks the ice in an uneasy situation...like a pickup line...the "ice-maker", however is something said or done that is intended to make any situation as awkward as can be...the handshake is a joke...so don't take it seriously..it involves a horse and a cowboy...and its something magical...

There was a show today! Brought to you by "shirts for a cure" and amazing clothing company started to help find a cure for cancer and tons of awesome bands donate their names and designs to the company so they can produce shirts to benefit the cause...search for them on the web...drive by has a sweet shirt there now too...its even got a kid and a vulture...pretty rad stuff!!
The show went well...it was an outdoor show so the sound on stage was kinda weird bc there were no walls...so sounds generally gets lost...but the kids were cool and the other bands were rad...Tiger Lou, from Sweden, open the show up...they're fuckin good...mellowness...gotta love
the sweeds...Also some friends of ours, 'Paper Rivals' played the indoor show at Red 7...fuckin amazing...we hadn't seen them in a long time and it was good to see old friends...its always good to see old friends...ya dig? Hey..its been a while since I seen you...we should go fa'coff...fa'coff means for coffee incase you were confused...

There was a big version on me...we had a lot of the same features...he looked like me I mean...I wanted to get a pic with him...but I felt weird...it must be hard being a bigger version of something golden...especially if you're not as good looking..ya know?

After the show we got some grub at ihop!!! Muther fukkin IHOP!!! Horrible experience today...no more ihop for drive by...its been stated...unless johnny ihop calls and gives us free food for life...the waitor wasn't a bad person...he meant well...just slow, and forgetful...it may have been his first day...so we tipped well but it wasn't a great time..."it wasnt no fuuuun"

We also did a quick interview with Jimmy from Macbeth about the show...and the record...but they hooked a brother up with some dooties(shoes)...if I ever write something and you completely have no clue what I'm saying...ask...I have a talent for making up or using words I heard once and making them everyday words..Todd says I'm funny when I talk bc of my accent...haha
...danny fitz...

No comments: